# CiviCRM 5.52.0
Released August 3, 2022
- **[Bugs resolved](#bugs)**
## <a name="synopsis"></a>Synopsis
| *Does this version...?* | |
| Fix security vulnerabilities? | no |
| **Change the database schema?** | **yes** |
| **Alter the API?** | **yes** |
| Require attention to configuration options? | no |
| Fix problems installing or upgrading to a previous version? | no |
| **Introduce features?** | **yes** |
| **Fix bugs?** | **yes** |
## <a name="features"></a>Features
### Core CiviCRM
- **Allow UFMatch to be used in SearchKit - this allows you to filter by eg.
'has a CMS account'
Makes the UFMatch entity available in SearchKit.
- **message_admin - Enable another preview mode ("HTML (Raw)")
Adds another preview mode to message_admin. This is similar to the "HTML"
preview, except it shows the raw HTML (with syntax highlighting) which may
help debugging fiddly edits to the markup.
- **Start phasing out 'preferred_mail_format'
(Work Towards [dev/core#2866](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/-/issues/2866):
Ignores preferred_mail_format, sends both mail formats instead of just
- **End of life planning for MySQL server 5.0 - 5.6
Update requirements to MySQL 5.7+ and MariaDB 10.2+.
- **navigation: cleanup less frequently used New items
Improves user experience by removing some less frequently used menu items
(only impacts new installations).
- **Add crmRegions to contact headers and associated inline forms
Improve consistency of regions on CiviCRM pages and forms.
- **Angular - Support popping up an afform or other ang module via ajax modal
Allows Afforms to work as modal dialogs.
- **Afform - Allow picking icon for tab, add CrmUiIconPicker widget
Allows users to configure an Icon for their Afform Tab.
- **APIv4 - Enable exporting profiles with custom fields
Improves APIv4 by enabling exporting profiles with custom fields.
- **New domain token base_url
Adds a new domain token `base_url`.
- **Add second currency example
Adds an example for the message admin ui.
- **Upgrader - Apply extension updates after core updates (Work towards
Shows additional notice about running extension upgrades.
- **Lack of hooks to detect when a "CustomOption" is deleted
Calls hooks when deleting an option value from CustomOption.
- **Feature request - Filter case activities to only activity types in civicase
Makes the activity search filter on manage case less unwieldy.
- **Add hook to modify 'contribution payment links'
Makes it so one can modify 'contribution payment links' via
- **Invoice Workflow template - add domain tokens
Adds domain tokens to the Invoice workflow template.
- **Make it clear what "record refund" form does
Adds more help text to the Record Refund form.
- **Grants appear in afform
Adds the Grant entity to Afform.
### Drupal Integration
- **Allow installing on drupal 10
Lists CiviCRM as Drupal 10 compatible.
### WordPress Integration
- **Introduce "Permissions and Capabilities" metabox and functionality
Makes it so all CiviCRM permissions can be exposed as capabilities in
WordPress via an optional custom role called "CiviCRM Admin".
## <a name="bugs"></a>Bugs resolved
### Core CiviCRM
- **HTML entities in iCalendar export
Fixes random invalid utf8 issues when exporting iCalendar files.
- **ical/ics files generated by Civi are not compatible with Outlook during
- **PHP 8.1 (Work Towards
Compatibility fixes for GLOBALS in PHP 8.1.
- **Greenwich theme: transparent background on pop-ups
- **Sorting/paging Advanced Search results corrupts search criteria
Fixes fields with wildcards in Advanced Search.
- **Fix sorting by mapping type
Fixes sorting on import/export Mapping page so that it is sorted by mapping
- **CRM_Report_Form: set _from and _where as public for the alterReportVar hook
- **Avoid multiple log files in multi-language environments
- **Reset smarty-security after an exception
Stops tests from getting befuddled.
- **Fix import falling over when a note is included
- **Always return boolean from initialize method
- **Smarty notice fix
- **Enotice fix
- **Do not escape error message
- **hook_civicrm_geocoderFormat does not alter address components
- **Scheduled Reminders: Some tokens defined by extensions may not evaluate
This resolves a problem where certain tokens would work when sending an
email activity but not in scheduled reminders. Originally observed with
the membership tokens in `nz.co.fuzion.civitoken`.
- **On "My Contact Dashboard", what is the Manage Case link in the relationships
section supposed to do?
(Work Towards [dev/core#2983](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/-/issues/2983):
Make static function static - AJAX::caseDetails().
- **Fixed fatal error on update multiple case
- **Contacts with "Access CiviContribute" but not "edit contributions" can no
longer view contributions
- **Additional Details section on Recurring Contribution template edit screen
doesn't load anymore
- **Ensure apiv3 params are converted at the line item level
- **Unassigned variable in invoice message template
- **Fix double organization name in invoice, use token
- **Personal Campaign Pages (PCP) incorrectly displays "Don't list my
contribution in the honour roll"
- **Fix calculation and assignment of taxAmount on contribution page
- **Subscription Amount change not respected in Paypal
- **Remove another instance of pledges using contribution option group
- **only check batch currency match when adding a financial_trxn
- **Upgrade script for contribution_recur amount, fix loading
- **Fix bug whereby editing contribution_recur.amount was not updating
- **Cannot submit credit cards via backend form (on certain configurations)
- **Scheduled Reminder limited by Participant Role fails if any participant has
- **Alternate to 23826 - Events RSS feed does not output a pubDate for each
- **CiviMail "DB error": suspected core bug relating to attachment replace api
Fixes "Error - DB error - unknown error" error when trying to send a test
### Drupal Integration
- **Drupal service 'site.path' is deprecated in drupal 9 and will be removed in
drupal 10 ([dev/drupal#167](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/drupal/-/issues/167):
### WordPress Integration
- **Enable the 'notify' parameter for WordPress user creation
Ensures that Wordpress respects the user creation `notify` parameter which
says whether or not to notify the user that an account has been created.
- **Add missing template file
## <a name="misc"></a>Miscellany
- **_Importer_: Increase size of queue batches
- **RepeatTransaction - separate out repeat pledge handling from completeOrder
- **Cleanup repeattransaction
- **chore: Set permissions for GitHub actions
- **Move the cache for `CRM_Extension_Browser` out of the filesystem and use a
- **Exceptions - What could possibly go wrong?
- **Replace more assigns with tokens in invoice, add tests
- **Improve code comments for Activity: parent_id and source_record_id
- **Attempt to make function more readable by extracting in-line function
- **AngularJS - Remove UI-Utils library
- **Upgrader - Add snapshots for 5.52's data modifications
- **[REF] Upgrade DOMPDF to 2.x branch
- **[REF] Replace packages/html2txt with Composer package
- **REF - Remove unneeded return from private fn, add comments
- **[REF] Follow on from #23749 and remove refernece to ui-utils from karama
- **(REF) TokenProcessor - Tweak error message
- **[REF] Remove param that has a set value
- **[REF][PHP8.1] Fix default values which triggeres deprecation notices in
- **[REF][PHP8.1] Add in type hints to fix deprecations and add in
#[\ReturnTypeWillChange] where type hint would be transversable or mixed for
- **[REF][PHP8.1] Fix deprecations where by calling trait static functions when
not from a class that implements the trait is deprecated
- **[REF][PHP8.1] Another set of fixes for passing in NULL values to php string
or preg replace functions
- **[REF][PHP8.1] Update Brick/Math to a version that works with php8.1
- **[REF][PHP8.1] Upgrade Symfony to 4.x for WP, Drupal7, Backdrop, Joomla
- **[REF][PHP8.1] Stop Passing NULL values into mb_strlen in DAO and strpos in
API validate string function
- **[REF] [PHP8.1] Replace usage of smarty's date_filter to ensure we don't call
strftime which is deprecated in php8.1
- **[REF][PHP8.1] Upgrade Pear/mail_mime package to support php8.1
- **[REF][PHP8.1] Ensure that NULL is not passed to substr in
- **[REF][PHP8.1] Fix issue where is meant to be a string in preg_match_all
- **[REF][PHP8.1] Replace a couple of calls in Smarty code to strftime to the
equivilant using date to fix deprecation notices
- **(NFC) mgd-php@1 - Add example+assertions for new case-type
- **(NFC) case-xml@1 - Add example+assertions of new activity-type
- **[NFC] Restore handling for deprecations in phpunit test runs
- **(NFC) SoapTest - Skip this test on Drupal8+ and Backdrop
- **(NFC) Expand docblocks for hook_install and hook_postInstall
- **NFC: Fix PHP notice on ContributionRecurSelector.tpl
- **[NFC] Add code comment about triggerinfo "variables"
- **Remove another no-run test from SyntaxConformance
- **Civi\Test - Fix leak in active module-list for headless test
- **Minor test cleanup
- **(REF) WorkflowMessageTest - Use dataProvider
- **WorkflowMessageTest - Fix weird inconsistency in resolving `@dataProvider`
- **WorkflowMessageTest - Re-enable skipped test
## <a name="credits"></a>Credits
This release was developed by the following code authors:
AGH Strategies - Alice Frumin, Andie Hunt; Agileware - Francis Whittle, Justin
Freeman; Benjamin W; Business & Code - Alain Benbassat; Christian Wach; Circle
Interactive - Pradeep Nayak; CiviCoop - Klaas Eikelboom; CiviCRM - Coleman
Watts, Tim Otten; Coop SymbioTIC - Mathieu Lutfy; Dave D; Davis Media Access -
Darrick Servis; Freeform Solutions - Herb van den Dool; Fuzion - Luke Stewart;
IProSoft; Jens Schuppe; JMA Consulting - Monish Deb, Seamus Lee; Megaphone
Technology Consulting - Jon Goldberg; MJW Consulting - Matthew Wire;
nathannaveen; Oxfam Germany - Thomas Schüttler; Wikimedia Foundation - Eileen
Most authors also reviewed code for this release; in addition, the following
reviewers contributed their comments:
AGH Strategies - Chris Garaffa; Artful Robot - Rich Lott; Betty Dolfing;
Blackfly Solutions - Alan Dixon; CiviCoop - Jaap Jansma; CiviDesk - Yashodha
Chaku; DevApp - Adam Kwiatkowski; Fuzion - Peter Davis; iXiam - Luciano Spiegel;
JMA Consulting - Joe Murray; Lighthouse Consulting and Design - Brian
Shaughnessy; MC3 - Graham Mitchell; Nicol Wistreich; Squiffle Consulting - Aidan
Saunders; Tadpole Collective - Kevin Cristiano; Third Sector Design - Kurund
## <a name="feedback"></a>Feedback
These release notes are edited by Alice Frumin and Andie Hunt. If you'd like
to provide feedback on them, please log in to https://chat.civicrm.org/civicrm
and contact `@agh1`.