# CiviCRM 5.2.0
Released June 6, 2018
- **[Bugs resolved](#bugs)**
## <a name="synopsis"></a>Synopsis
| *Does this version...?* | |
| Fix security vulnerabilities? | no |
| Change the database schema? | no |
| Alter the API? | **yes** |
| Require attention to configuration options? | no |
| Fix problems installing or upgrading to a previous version? | no |
| Introduce features? | **yes** |
| Fix bugs? | **yes** |
## <a name="features"></a>Features
### Core CiviCRM
- **[CRM-21753](https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-21753) Support
'criteria' in url on batch merge form
A new `criteria` URL parameter for finding duplicate contacts allows you to
specify API criteria to only search for duplicates among a subset of contacts.
- **Add New API Call To Get All Unique Fields For Given Entity
This adds a new `getunique` API method that will go through the indexes of an
entity table and return all unique fields (including combination indexes).
- **[CRM-21849](https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-21849) Add Link To
Edit Relationship Types
This change adds a settings button next to the Relationship Type field on the
Edit Relationship screen which allows you to edit relationship types.
- **[dev/core#90](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/90) Apply disabling
Full Group By to reports
This applies the disabling of ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY sql mode to reports and on
specific queries as needed to enable tests to run on MySQL 5.7
- **[dev/core#66](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/66) Standardise
Address code in Contact summary report & enable links
This change refactors the Address related code as part of a drive to get
addresses for multiple contacts in one report. This change adds prefixing
into the function used to add the columns, an approach taken from the Extended
- **[dev/translation#9](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/translation/issues/9) Create
API Action to rebuild Multilingual Schema
This change adds an API method called `System.rebuildmultilingualschema` to
allow users to rebuild the multilingual schema.
- **Add 'addToDeveloperTab' in more places to expose sql in use (permission
The Database Log report includes a number of database queries besides the main
query. These populate temporary tables, among other things. The SQL for
these ancillary queries is now visible in the Developer tab alongside the main
- **Fix API template ((https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-core/pull/11970))**
This PR fixes structure and style of CiviCRM API explorer to make it look like
other pages to give unified interface between screens.
- **[dev/core#73](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/73) - Add invoice
number to bookkeeping report
Invoice Number and Invoice Reference are now both available in the bookkeeping
transactions report. Before this change, only Invoice ID was shown as a column
in bookkeeping report.
- **[CRM-20879](https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-20879) Extend
self-service event registration transfer to backend
This change adds links to "Transfer or Cancel" an event registration when
viewing an event registration for a participant and when viewing a contact's
event registrations from the event tab on the contact's record.
- **[dev/core#53](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/53) Add in stats to AB
tests and add in clickthrough and opened % stats to mailing reports
This change adds Mailing delivery stat percentages to AB tests and also adds
in new opened and clickthrough rate stats.
## <a name="bugs"></a>Bugs resolved
### Core CiviCRM
- **[dev/core#98](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/98) Searching by any
Address fields with location type other than primary throw DB error
This change resolves a database error that would appear in Search Builder when
a user picks an address field with a location type other than "Primary".
- **[dev/core#91](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/91) Search Builder
On the Search Builder screen, this change limits the MySQL operators
available based on the type of field (string, date etc.).
- **[dev/core#75](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/75) - warning message
after an activity is created
- **Translate strings in "Report" UI, et al
A number of phrases, particularly in reports and CiviGrant, were not wrapped
in a translation function.
- **Improve input handling in get-cases AJAX API
Changes case type id and status id to be 'CommaSeparatedIntegers' instead of
'String' to improve input handling in get-cases AJAX API.
- **[CRM-19885](https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-19885) Scheduled
Reminders: lack of default form values leads to SQL syntax error
This fixes a regression from CRM-19853 where some fields were changed to text
input without defining default values. Specifically, the problem involved
integer fields start_action_offset, repetition_frequency_interval,
end_frequency_interval, which aren't required fields. Leaving these blank led
to `NULL` values in the database, which then led to SQL syntax errors.
- **[dev/core#64](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/64) - In custom
searches, column headings are being ignored
This change fixes a regression where for custom searches--ones that come
installed with core CiviCRM as well as user-defined ones--the column headings
defined in the custom search code were being ignored. This issue began in
- **[dev/core#70](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/70) On any custom
search 'Print selected rows' action doesn't retain columns/values
- **[dev/core#48](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/48) Fix PDF Letter
only generates a single letter when multiple contact IDs are specified
This change fixes a bug where when multiple contact IDs are specified via
print/merge task the PDFLetterCommon code overwrote them with a single contact
ID of the logged in user. This means that only a single PDF letter is
printed/generated. This PR only uses the logged in contact ID if no contact
IDs have been specified.
- **[dev/core#59](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/59) scheduled reminder
This change makes it so that the email address field on the scheduled reminder
form is validated. Before this change, a non-email value could be stored in
the field which would result in a silent failure.
- **[CRM-20598](https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-20598) Phone ext in
profile edit messing with address
This change fixes a bug where when using a profile in edit mode with "Phone
and Extension" on primary field and some primary address fields (street, city,
country): it works fine the first time the profile is used, but it removes the
existing address when a user tries to use the profile a second time.
- **AllCoreTables - Generate file every time
The auto-generated file AllCoreTables was not being updated as often as
necessary, and the freshness checks were almost as expensive as just generating
the file, if not more, this was causing issues for the Attachment API. This
change makes it so the file is generated every time.
- **Prevent hard-fail when section header / group by option chosen on logging
- **[CRM-21855](https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-21855) Editing "A"
side of relationship copies values to "B" side
When editing a relationship type, values in the "Relationship A to B" column
were copied to the "Relationship B to A" column.
- **[CRM-21523](https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-21523) scheduled
reminders: when using repetition, require frequency intervals
- **Move help section outside the container
This moves the help section markup on the Find and Merge Duplicate Contacts
page to preserve consistency among other screens.
- **[CRM-21843](https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-21843) Case
activities delimiter not working
This change fixes a bug in exporting cases where the last column would contain
all the activity fields jammed together.
- **Fix select2 value updation for crmAddName Directive
This fixes a bug where the Case Type options selection field was not
- **[dev/core#54](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/54) - Activity created
for case role relationship is not assigned to correct contact
This change fixes a bug where if the user added a role for a case. The activity
created was assigned to the client instead of the relationship contact.
- **[dev/core#137](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/137) Fix Find Deleted
Using the Find Cases search to find deleted cases would result in a fatal
- **Fix contribution detail report to work with FULL GROUP BY mode
This change makes it so the contribution detail report works in both full
group by and non full group by mode.
- **[dev/core#78](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/78) - Incorrect
Payment Processor for Recurring Payments
The Authorize.net instant payment notification (IPN) code did not properly
accommodate multiple Authorize.net payment processor instances and would
sometimes load the incorrect processor.
- **[dev/core#72](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/72) fix payflow bug
for amount ((https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-core/pull/12019))**
Fixes a bug where PayflowPro throws an error due to more than 4 decimal places
in the amount.
- **[CRM-19752](https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-19752) Slow query
created by financial type acls
This change is to improve financial ACL code that was unnecessarily slowing
down the contact dashboard on sites where financial ACLs are not enabled.
Financial ACL joins and conditions are no longer added where financial ACLs
are not enabled.
- **[dev/financial#11](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/financial/issues/11) email
invoice fails with validation error
The "Email Invoice" action would result in an outgoing error message: The mail
library returned the following error message: Validation failed for: ""NAME"".
- **Fix template for widget
This fixes glitches in the Contribution Widget template so that the button is
aligned properly under it.
- **Remove usage of deprecated paymentProcessorType function
This cleans up and removes usage of the deprecated
- **Fix Soft credit personal note ton limit to 255 characters (DB limit).
This change fixes a bug where when a user is donating on a CiviEvent Personal
Campaign page, checks the "Show my support in public honor roll", and puts a
message in the "Personal Note" box that is longer than 255 characters.
Submitting the donation would succeed, but the page threw a fatal error before
the receipt is sent.
- **[dev/core#60](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/60) Fix for check
number no longer exposed dev/core/issues/60
This change fixes a bug where the "Check number" was not showing on Pay Later
event registrations when edited.
- **Fix: Batch update participants with checkboxes fails
This change fixes a bug where when doing a batch update of participants
including a field that uses checkboxes the batch update fails.
- **[dev/core#65](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/65) Fix issue where
source for participant could be entered w…
This change fixes a bug where when one attempted to manually add a participant
to an event using the "Add event registration" tab on their CiviCRM profile, but
the screen wouldn't save, the page just stays frozen and fails to complete.
- **[dev/core#68](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/68) Fix DB Error on
'Find Participant' page when MySQL FULL_GROUP_BY_MODE is enabled
- **[dev/mail#13](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/mail/issues/13) All unsubscribe
group members are excluded from a mailing with a manually specified
unsubscribe group (group_type=Base) if the unsubscribe group is a Smart group
- **[CRM-21194](https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-21194) Unique clicks
in mailing report shows duplicates
- **[CRM-21100](https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-21100) Empty list
shown in "Send test email to group" dropdown
- **[dev/core#86](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/86) Notify admin when
testing email if CIVICRM_MAIL_LOG_AND_SEND is set
((https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-core/pull/12037) and (https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-packages/pull/204))**
Now administrators are notified when `CIVICRM_MAIL_LOG_AND_SEND` is set just
as when `CIVICRM_MAIL_LOG` is set.
- **Re-Fix Case form task (export/print not working) (replace quick fix with
proper fix) ((https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-core/pull/12110))**
This resolves a problem exporting from Advanced Search, displaying results as
Memberships, where the export options were for contacts, not memberships.
- **[dev/core#100](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/100) Membership
Detail report throw DB error
The Membership Detail report would throw a DB error due to the ACL clause
being applied twice.
### Drupal integration
- **Fix the contact merge form on Drupal 8
This fixes a bug with Drupal 8 integrations where attempting to merge contacts
which are associated with Drupal users resulted in a fatal error.
- **Drupal8 loadBootStrap: fix user variable
This fixes an error when sending requests to the REST API endpoint because of
an incorrectly referenced variable.
### WordPress Integration
- **[CRM-21564](https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-21564) Changing from
using exec to WP_CLI::Launch
This change moves from using `exec` to `WP_CLI::Launch` because `exec` does
not seem to be available on all systems. It also makes the code more
consistent for running external processes.
## <a name="misc"></a>Miscellany
- **[CRM-21037](https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-21037) Add unit tests
for Activity sendSMS functions
- **[CRM-21148](https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-21148) Refactor
- **Fix (unreleased) regression on report pager
- **[NFC] FIx indenting in eventFees template
- **[NFC] Add metadata to describe personal note field
- **(NFC) Update version in header
- **[nfc] Consistently specify whether to clean money when calling from test
- **(NFC) Update version in header
- **(NFC) Fix Warnings When Updating Custom Entities
- **(NFC) Update version headers in `xml`, `tests`, `tools`, et al
- **5.1 ((https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-core/pull/12018))**
- **[CRM-20459](https://issues.civicrm.org/jira/browse/CRM-20459) Actively
- **Rename function enableFullGroupByMode to be reenableFullGroupByMode t…
- **Remove unused code in CRM_Contribute_Form_ContributionPage_Amount::formRule
- **Add unit test to event batch update (includes function extraction to support
- **E-notice fix ((https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-core/pull/11982))**
- **Extract custom data edit template code to shared template
- **Simple function extraction on editing Address (within main contact edit)
- **Allow KCFinder to send back a json encoded response instead of string…
- **Mark Accent String Tests as incomplete if on a database that is not utf8
- **Add missing case type tests
- **Namespace exception in test
- **Fix intermittant test bug
- **(NFC) Add in 5.1.0 and 5.1.1 mysql upgrade files
## <a name="credits"></a>Credits
This release was developed by the following code authors:
AGH Strategies - Andrew Hunt; Australian Greens - Seamus Lee; CiviCoop - Jaap
Jansma; CiviCRM - Coleman Watts, Tim Otten; CiviDesk - Yashodha Chaku; CompuCorp -
Debarshi Bhaumik, Michael Devery, Mukesh Ram, René Olivo, Vinu Varshith Sekar;
Coop SymbioTIC - Mathieu Lutfy, Samuel Vanhove; Fuzion - Jitendra Purohit; JMA
Consulting - Monish Deb; Lighthouse Design and Consulting - Brian Shaughnessy;
Megaphone Technology Consulting - Jon Goldberg; MJW Consulting - Matthew Wire;
myDropWizard - David Snopek; Progressive Technology Project - Jamie McClelland;
Tom Bloor; Wikimedia Foundation - Eileen McNaughton
Most authors also reviewed code for this release; in addition, the following
reviewers contributed their comments:
Alexander Ferreras; Chris Burgess; Christian Wach; CiviCoop - Klaas Eikelboom;
Coop SymbioTIC - Stéphane Lussier; Donald Hirst; Fuzion - Peter Davis; GMCVO
Databases - Jon-Man Cheung; JMA Consulting - Joe Murray; Joinery - Allen Shaw;
Left Join Labs - Sean Madsen; Lemniscus - Noah Miller; Nubay Services - David
Tarrant; Pradeep Nayak; Semper IT - Karin Gerritsen; small biz; Tadpole
Collective - Kevin Cristiano; Third Sector Design - Michael McAndrew
## <a name="feedback"></a>Feedback
These release notes are edited by Alice Frumin and Andrew Hunt. If you'd like
to provide feedback on them, please login to https://chat.civicrm.org/civicrm
and contact `@agh1`.