# CiviCRM 5.10.0
Released February 6, 2019
- **[Bugs resolved](#bugs)**
## <a name="synopsis"></a>Synopsis
| *Does this version...?* | |
| Fix security vulnerabilities? | no |
| Change the database schema? | no |
| **Alter the API?** | **yes** |
| Require attention to configuration options? | no |
| **Fix problems installing or upgrading to a previous version?** | **yes** |
| **Introduce features?** | **yes** |
| **Fix bugs?** | **yes** |
## <a name="features"></a>Features
### Core CiviCRM
- **Support custom-data sub-type on entity-form (for activity/relationship types)
This change makes it so that users can see and edit custom data for entity
sub-types (like activity types and relationship types).
Language switcher for all
This change introduces a new setting to the settings page for Localization "UI
Languages" for users in monolingual mode (not using multilingual). Configuring
this setting results in the Language Switcher block being shown (same as in
- **[dev/core#561](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/561) Replace
jcalendar instances with datepicker
(https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-core/pull/13299)) -- CONTINUED
These changes update the Scheduled Reminders Form and the Activity date and
case start date fields to use the new datepicker widget.
- **Improved support for case variability in UF API calls.
This change makes it so that the API will accept "UFgroup" and "ufgroup" as
- **Optimize CRM_Utils_String::ellipsify() method
This change improves performance for the function that truncates a string and
adds an ellipsis on the end.
- **[dev-core#564](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/564) Differentiate
case relationships in Contact Summary page
On the Relationship tab of a contact, this change adds a case icon for each
case relationship to denote that the relationship is related to a case. This
icon is linked to the case so one can easily access the case from the
- **Cache case count when getting list of cases so query is executed once
instead of three times
This change improves performance on the Case Dashboard when listing cases.
- **Add default of TRUE for is_active on PaymentProcessor.create api.
This change makes it so that when using the API with the entity Payment
Processor and the action create, the parameter "is_active" defaults to TRUE
like the UFGroup, CustomGroup, ComtributionPage entities do.
## <a name="bugs"></a>Bugs resolved
### Core CiviCRM
- **[dev/core#695](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/695) Custom Search
results selection failure and
[dev/core#679](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/679) Groups and Tags
affect search results when using Search Builder
This resolves some search regressions introduced in 5.9.0 relating to caching
and custom searches.
- **[dev/core#192](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/192) - Search builder
fails for != smart group filter
This change makes it so that when using the Search Builder with a filter
"Contacts -> Group -> !- -> Smart group" the != operator is respected.
- **[dev/core#485](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/485) New
Organization's profile: From time to time data in the field "Website" is
deleted if nothing choose in the drop-down "Website Type"
This change fixes a bug when editing a contact where if a user enters a
Website but no Website Type, the Website was not saved, so that the website is
- **[dev/core#491](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/491) Report results
don't show inactive campaigns
This change updates the following reports: Member Summary, Pledged but not
Paid, SYBUNT, Member Detail, Participant Listing, Pledge Detail, Contribution
(org), Household Summary, and Soft Credit to include a filter for active vs
disabled campaigns and generally simplifies the campaign related code on these
ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function CiviCRM_API3_Exception...
This change fixes a bug where an "ArgumntCountError" was being thrown whenever
an error was thrown so that only the error is thrown.
- **[dev/core#610](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/610) Page title
displays twice if the activity type is set in Activity form
This change ensures that on the new or edit activity form the title is only
shown once. Before this change if the Activity Type was set the title would
show up twice.
- **[dev/core#622](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/622) User Dashboard
doesn't show Edit Contact Information link
This change makes it so that the Edit Contact information link displays on the
- **[dev/core#660](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/660) Fatal DB Error:
already exists on event registration/contribution pages when profile has user
This change fixes a bug where if Anonymous users have ACLs to see a contact
they cannot register for an event so that Anonymous users with ACLs to se a
contact can register for events.
- **Fix PHP 7.2 countable warning
- **Bump Minimum Required PHP to be 5.6
- **Fix PHP 7 strict warnings CRM_Core_DAO::getContactIDsFromComponent passed by
- **Generalise the UsersTableName Setting name to support Backdrop
- **Fix duplicate merge to not disregard zero values.
- **Search Builder fails with an error when searching for State if the location
type differs from the display name.
- **Installer: PHP 7.2 compatibility fixes
This change fixes some php countable warnings thrown for users installing
using PHP 7.2.
- **Export merge to household - fix DB error relating to fields too long for
This change fixes a fatal error when trying to combine/merge households and
'primary fields' on some mysql configs
- **Fix notice on first loading activity search form
- **Fix verbiage for Edit Contact Information title
On the User Dashboard this changes updates the link to edit a users contact
from "Edit Relationship" to "Edit Contact Information".
- **Fix verbiage for Dashboard title
This change updates the "User Dashboard" "Relationships" section Dashboard
links to use the title "Dashboard" instead of "Edit Relationship".
- **[dev/core#454](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/454) CiviCase access
to activities permission discrepancy
This change standardizes the permissioning of CiviCase so that users with the
permission "access my cases and activities" or "access all cases and
activities" can view appropriate case activities. Before this change the
permissions needed to view case activities were inconsistent.
- **[dev/core#603](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/603) DB error on Case
Summary report ((https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-core/pull/13296))**
This fixes a bug where running the Case Summary Report with no changes to the
default settigns would result in a warning message so that the default
settings for the Case Summary Report result in the report running as expected.
- **[dev/core#625](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/625) DB error on Case
Summary report ((https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-core/pull/13359))**
This change fixes a bug in the Case Summary Report where running the report
without the Columns "Staff Member" and "Relationship" but with a filter on
"Active Relationships?" resulted in a DB Error so that one can run this report
with this configuration.
- **Fix broken case activity date filter
This change fixes a bug on the Case Summary Screen where searching activities
using the Activity Date filters (From or To) would result in a database error.
- **Standardize letter case
This change updates the text for the Case Task "Print/merge Document" to
- **Revert to showing overdue activities on a case first
- **Don't crash with missing class if action is not defined when opening new
- **[dev/core#680](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/680) "Date Received"
for contributions no longer mandatory, also breaks financial transactions
- **[dev/core#651](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/651) Error exporting
contributions with soft credits
- **[dev/core#620](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/620) Unable to show
custom fields on Repeat Contributions Report
This change fixes a bug where selecting a custom field column on a Repeat
Contributions report would result in an error so that one can use a custom
field as a column in a Repeat Contributions report.
- **[dev/core#621](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/621) Price field
option 9 Decimal Places in GUI
This change makes it so that the "Option Amount" field on the "Edit Price
Option" form shows only two decimal places, before this change it showed 9
- **Unable to mark price set field as inactive
This change ensures that when on the "Edit Price Field" form one can save
changes to the "Active?" field.
- **Display self-service links in email receipts based on payment processor
- **On the Contribution Detail Report link the Amount field to the contribution
- **Declare 'amount' as required on ContributionRecur api
- **[dev/core#653](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/core/issues/653) New Events
defaulting to event template after first page
This resolves a regression introduced in 5.9.0 where creating a new event would
instead create a new event template.
- **[dev/report#5](CANNOT FIND THIS GITLAB ISSUE) - Fix mailing report unique
count issue ((https://github.com/civicrm/civicrm-core/pull/13322))**
This fixes the count when viewing the report of Unique Opens for a Mailing.
- **[dev/mail#35](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/mail/issues/35) Public View link
does not show from Scheduled and Sent screen
This change makes it so that one can click the Public View url on the
Scheduled and Sent mailing screen.
civicrm_mailing_bounce_type.threshold = 30 for 'Away' is that correct?
This change ensures that the CiviMail mailing bounce threshold for bounces of
the type "Away" is set to be 30, prior to this change some instances had the
threshold set to 3.
### Joomla Integration
- **[dev/joomla#3](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/joomla/issues/3) Recipients are
not shown when creating / editing mailings
### Wordpress Integration
- **[dev/wordpress#16](https://lab.civicrm.org/dev/wordpress/issues/16) Fatal
error with some versions of PHP
This fixes a bug where installing the CiviCRM plugin on a Wordpress
site using PHP 7.2.12 would result in a fatal error.
## <a name="misc"></a>Miscellany
- **(NFC) Fix PHP7.2 Count error on test testImportParserWtihEmployeeOfRelation…
- **(NFC) Update Copyright in FiveTen upgrade file to be 2019
- **(NFC) Just some additional package metadata
- **(NFC) Improved documentation of crmPageTitle directive.
- **(NFC) Minor tweaks to docblocks on opencase form
- **Unit test for PR#12699
- **Add in unit test to support changes in UF API in PR 13343
- **(NFC) Tidy up comments, remove unused variables in customfield classes
- **Simplify handling for case checking.
- **[REF] Extract internals of Payment.create into function on BAO class.
- **[REF] Simplify CRM_Activity_BAO_Activity function by using early returns
- **[REF] Genericise function to add pseudoconstant data to fields to process
- **[REF] Add caching to function to determine if activity type is permitted.
- **[REF] Export add test for phone details, fix phone_type_id
- **[REF] Minor test clean up
- **[REF] Export cleanup - filter at point of query on postal exports
- **[REF] Build single array of information about output specifications when
## <a name="credits"></a>Credits
This release was developed by the following code authors:
AGH Strategies - Alice Frumin, Andrew Hunt, Eli Lisseck; Andrew Thompson;
Australian Greens - Seamus Lee; Christian Wach; CiviCoop - Klaas Eikelboom;
CiviCRM - Coleman Watts, Tim Otten; CiviDesk - Sunil Pawar, Yashodha Chaku;
CompuCorp - Davi Alexandre, Vinu Varshith Sekar; Coop SymbioTIC - Mathieu Lutfy;
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Mark Burdett; Francesc Bassas i Bullich; Fuzion -
Jitendra Purohit; Ginkgo Street Labs - Frank Gómez; iXiam - Luciano Spiegel;
JMA Consulting - Monish Deb; MillerTech - Chamil Wijesooriya; MJW Consulting -
Matthew Wire; Ray Wright; Squiffle Consulting - Aidan Saunders; Tadpole
Collective - Kevin Cristiano; Veda Consulting - Mathavan Veeramuthu; Wikimedia
Foundation - Eileen McNaughton
Most authors also reviewed code for this release; in addition, the following
reviewers contributed their comments:
Blackfly Solutions - Alan Dixon; Circle Interactive - Dave Jenkins; Fuzion -
Peter Davis; JMA Consulting - Joe Murray; John Kingsnorth; Joinery - Allen Shaw;
Lighthouse Design and Consulting - Brian Shaughnessy; Megaphone Technology
Consulting - Jon Goldberg; Nicol Wistreich; Richard van Oosterhout; Skvare -
Mark Hanna; Systopia - Björn Endres
## <a name="feedback"></a>Feedback
These release notes are edited by Alice Frumin and Andrew Hunt. If you'd like
to provide feedback on them, please log in to https://chat.civicrm.org/civicrm
and contact `@agh1`.